- Each member must be a fee-paying student of the university.
- The club dues are $100 per semester.
- Monthly payments are encouraged. Club dues pay for a white belt uniform and white belt testing fees.
- Uniforms are required for practice. Club dues help pay for uniforms.
- For members who wish to participate in sparring we require WTF Approved Gear; contact a club officer for purchasing details.
- Members must participate in 2 fundraising events each semester.
- Fundraising helps pay for belt testing fees, equipment, competition travel, etc.
- Members are expected to attend at least 2 practices per week.
Rules of Engagement
We are a tight group of friends and love to have fun! But during practice, we practice respect and work hard!
Tenets of Taekwondo:
- Self Control
- Indomitable Spirit
We apply the tenets with the following:
- The “Dojang” is our practice area. Be sure to bow in to enter, and bow out to leave the dojang.
- If you arrive to class after it has begun, enter the Dojang and wait in “Attention” position until one of the coaches gives you instruction.
- Do not leave the Dojang without a coach’s permission.
- Address all black belts (regardless of your rank) as “Sir” or “Ma’am.”
- We represent both the great culture of Taekwondo and the University of Colorado. Do not utilize Taekwondo outside of the Dojang or act inappropriately while representing our club. Unacceptable behavior will not be tolerated.
- Help one another. Be supportive, be a team, have fun!