2013 Taekwondo Collegiate Nationals is only 27 days away! The club will be traveling to the Olympic Training Center for the event on April 12 and returning on April 14. Here’s what you need to know.
– In order to get funding for travel, uniforms, team apparel, and other associated expenses, you must be an active member of the club. An active member is someone who has participated in adequate amounts of fundraising and attending practices on a regular basis.
– You must register as a member of USA Taekwondo (USAT) in order to compete at Collegiate Nationals (a $35 fee). You can do this by going to https://www.usat.hangastar.com. During the application process, you will have to choose an affiliate club/school.
Please use Master Andre Deoliveira’s school: Club: CHAMPION TAEKWONDO ACADEMY [CO]
– Once you have registered under USAT, you can search for Collegiate Nationals by clicking Events and search “National Qualifier” under Type and “Colorado” under State. Here, you can view who has already signed up and register for the event. DO NOT REGISTER YET, as the club officers have to discuss if we can fund the competition fees first.
– More details can be found at http://ncta-usa.com/2013-ncta-nationals/. We will fill out the Eligibility Forms and send them all together
– The team will be leaving for Colorado Springs On Friday April 12 for registration and check-in. Departure time TBD, so please plan accordingly for classes, work, and other obligations. The team will be spending two nights in a hotel and returning to Boulder Sunday night April 14.
– If you have any questions, please contact the club president, David Lee: firstname.lastname@example.org. Go Buffs!